Florida Atlantic University, home of the Owls, is conveniently located for those living in the nearby condominiums of Boca Bayou in Boca Raton. Located just three miles from the Atlantic Ocean and our beautiful beaches, the campus features everything you would expect from a modern university.
In addition to suite-style housing for nearly 4,000 students the Boca Raton campus of FAU boasts:
- New athletics and recreational facilities
- Art galleries
- A professional theater company specializing in new work
- A café/movie theater complex
- 29,000+ Students
- 170+ Degree Programs
- 19 NCAA Division 1 Teams
- 171,000+ Alumni
- 24:1 Student to Faculty Ratio
- 4,218 Registered Internships
History of the University
Florida Atlantic University, established in 1961, officially opened its doors in 1964 as the fifth public university in Florida.
It wasn’t that long ago that FAU was seen largely as a commuter school, with a population of somewhat older students taking advantage of its convenient location and upper level curriculum to complete undergraduate degrees or begin graduate study.
The school has experienced exciting growth in recent decades and is determined to propel itself to the forefront of innovation and scholarship. In fact, in recent years, FAU has doubled its research expenditures and outpaced its peers in student achievement rates.
Today, the University serves more than 29,000 undergraduate and graduate students across six campuses located along the southeast Florida coast and is ranked as a top public university by U.S. News and World Report. More than 70 percent of FAU’s 30,000 students take classes at FAU’s first and largest campus and the majority of the University’s 175+ degree programs are based at the Boca Raton campus.
Something for Everyone
It isn’t just degree-seeking students with bright futures to look forward to who benefit from the presence of FAU. The University offers many events, activities and programs for the whole community, including
- The Osher Lifelong Learning Institute (OLLI) at Florida Atlantic University For those who love learning for the sake of learning, there is the Osher Lifelong Learning Institute (OLLI) at Florida Atlantic University, which offers a diverse and creative curriculum, along with concerts and entertainment. The non-credit courses and programs are.intellectually enriching, the atmosphere is welcoming and the facilities are state-of-the-art.
Courses are taught by FAU professors and distinguished guest lecturers, course and program offerings include such varied subjects as foreign policy, music, art, history, science, literature, philosophy, current events and films.
- A.D. Henderson University School & FAU High School is the second highest rated high school in the State of Florida. The school also received an A+ rating from Niche. This public school is conveniently located for those living in Boca Bayou’s condominiums on the nearby campus of Florida Atlantic University. A little more than a thousand students in grades K-12 attend the school, which Niche reports has a student-teacher ratio of 21 to 1.
Boca Bayou rentals may be a good option for certain students pursuing professional degrees and graduate studies. The nearby location of FAU’s main campus makes the condos for sale at Boca Bayou and even better investment!
For information on Boca Bayou real estate, please feel free to contact me.